Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


cincinnati_northern_kentucky_international_airport

Greater Cincinnati Airport (CVG)

Early view of CVG Built during WWII as a practice field for B-17 Bombers, the Greater Cincinnati Airport was first used commercially in January of 1947. American Airlines, Delta and Trans World Airlines (TWA) were the first commercial carriers to fly out of the Greater Cincinnati Airport.1

Although the airport is located in the Hebron area of Boone County, Nathaniel Riddell agreed to sponsor the airport as long as Kenton County provided the funding.2

More Information

Citation 1 Salmons, Stephanie. “CVG was originally military training field”. Boone County Recorder, Erlanger, Kentucky. January 10, 2013, page A1.

2 Encyclopedia of Northern Kentucky

cincinnati_northern_kentucky_international_airport.txt · Last modified: 2013/05/06 15:56 by bstriker