Prominently sited at the bend of Belleview Road, the Dr. Piatt House is one of the county's finest Folk Victorian cottages. The full-facade porch exhibits spindlework details and a frieze pierced by star cutouts.
The house's construction date is unknown; local tradition asserts it was built c.1795-1800. The porch and bay window were added c.1850-1870, and a room was built at the rear to house Dr. Piatt's office.
Following the death of Dr. Piatt, the house was occupied by Johnny Huey and his wife, who was the sister of Piatt's widow, Josie.