Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


grant_post_office

Grant Post Office

Located on Main Street in Belleview, the post office and adjoining house were built in 1878 for Jonas Clore, who served as Belleview postmaster.

The post office is the only surviving example of a 19th century single-function post office in the county. A simple frame structure of square footprint, it exhibits bargeboard trim. An original privy and coal shed stand in the rear yard. The house and post office have been lovingly preserved.

grant_post_office.txt · Last modified: 2009/07/06 16:16 by jgregory