Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


hamilton

Hamilton

Bluff and Fanny Allen at their home in Hamilton, Kentucky Though no longer in existence, Hamilton was once the largest town in the Big Bone area.

Established in 1835, the town was originally named 'Landing.' The plat was laid out by Joel Hamilton and George McGlasson. In addition to Hamilton and McGlasson, the first town trustees were: William Winston, Jr., Henry L. Rose and James Dukan.

The town was eventually renamed 'Hamilton' in honor of Joel Hamilton.

hamilton.txt · Last modified: 2009/10/22 11:38 by jgregory