Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


hughes_house

Joseph H. Hughes House

The Hughes House, owned in 1883 by J.H. Hughes, is perhaps the oldest surviving house in the vicinity of Richwood Church. Built in 1836, the house is one of the two-story, four-bay hall-parlor houses especially popular in the early nineteenth century Boone County. Unlike most of the other examples, it has one instead of two doors in the facade.

More Information

hughes_house.txt · Last modified: 2013/05/28 14:16 by bstriker