Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools



Originally known as Tanner's Station from 1785-1806, then Caledonia, and finally Petersburg in 1818, it was the largest community in Boone County until the Civil War and the coming of the railroad. The town featured a well laid-out grid street plan, the large Boone County Distilling Company, several other smaller industries, two taverns, many active community businesses and a bustling riverfront.

Petersburg retains many fine examples of early Boone County building traditions, both residential and commercial. Petersburg in the distance

More Information

Historic houses


Petersburg (3 parts)

Presented by Barbara Horton, 2012

9iOLdmLtIR8?.swf dX9kjpwfwBs?.swf APROKT1uVpE?.swf

petersburg.txt · Last modified: 2015/04/27 13:44 by jgregory