This is an old revision of the document!
Located near Verona, although the brick exterior of the Scott Smith House was stuccoed in the 1930's, the interiors openings are unaltered and are among the grandest in the county. Each of the interior openings is framed with tall paneled pilasters that support full entablatures and Greek Revival pediments. Although the central passage plan is traditional, few interiors in the county were executed on such a large scale or with such concentrated attention to the elements of the Greek Revival style. Further, the Smith House is the only known house in the county dated with a cornerstone, which is inscribed “Built 1842.”