Excerpt from the 2005 National Register Nomination for the South Main Street Historic District.
This imposing, boldly Modernistic house of worship features a rectangular main block with shallow crossing wings. Adjoining the facade is a low-gabled projecting pavilion faced with random Rockcastle County sandstone. The main entrance is contained in a monumental proscenium arch of cut limestone. This side walls are articulated by flattened brick buttresses. The steel easement windows, arched or square, contain translucent, opalescent glass. A rear addition containing Sunday School rooms, offices and kitchen facilities was built in 1977.
The Walton Christian Church was constructed in 1948-1949 to replace an earlier building destroyed by a fire. Its lot appears vacant on the 1927 map.