Chronicles of Boone County

User Tools

Site Tools


william_a._tanner_house

William A. Tanner House

Located on Old Toll Road, The Tanner House is a well-detailed Italianate dwelling of single-story, center-passage plan that includes a low, center gable and large, multi-light windows that extend nearly from floor to ceiling. The main doorway contains twin arched, glazed panels and is framed by a multi-light transom and sidelights. The front lot line is marked by a drylaid stone wall, or “rock fence,” which is mentioned in some of the deeds for the property.

The lot was part of an 11-acre tract sold by Lewis Aylor to William A. Tanner in 1872. The property lies along the former alignment of the Louisville Turnpike, since bypassed and rebuilt.

william_a._tanner_house.txt · Last modified: 2012/02/27 16:06 by jgregory