Boone County Public Library: Where Imagination Takes Flight
Phone Number, Date, and Skip to Content Link
Library Catalog Quick Search
home page / about the library / frequesntly asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I would like to inquire about...
- Holiday Closings
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Easter Sunday (Date Varies)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year's Eve (Library closes at 6:00 p.m.)
- Book Sales
- Book sales are held a different times. Please check our calendar for upcoming sales.
- Books in Other Languages
- Main Library, Scheben, and Florence branches carry books and audiobooks for children and adults in Spanish, and some in Japanese.
- Color Copiers
- The Library has color copiers. Black and white copies cost $0.15 per page. Color copies cost $0.50 per page. Local businesses also offer this service.
- Public computers with printing are available at each branch location. (Printing in black and white costs $0.15 per page. Printing in color is $0.50 per page.) You may save files to your own storage devices, or you may purchase 2 GB flash keys for $6.00 each at all branches.
- Please bring any donation of books, videos, magazines, etc. to your nearest library branch.
- Fax Machines
- Only Main Library has a fax machine. Domestic faxes cost $1.50 for the first page and $1.00 for each subsequent page. International faxes cost $4.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each subsequent page. Payments must be made by credit (Visa, Discover, American Express, Mastercard) or debit card. Local businesses also offer fax services.
- Interlibrary Loan
- If we do not own an item, you may request that we borrow the item from another library. Restrictions apply.
- Internet Access
- Internet access is available at each location. Please review the Library's Internet policy. Wi-Fi is available at Florence, Scheben, Main, and Walton. Florence, Scheben, and Main circulate laptops for use within the building.
- Magazines and Newspapers
- The Library carries more than 700 magazines and newspapers. We also provide access to full-text newspapers, magazines, and journals online.
- Meeting Rooms
- Meeting rooms are available for reservation at all branches. For more information, please check our meeting rooms page.
- Microsoft Office
- The Library provides Microsoft Office 2007 on all workstations. Staff support for Office is limited.
- Notary Public
- The Library does not offer this service. Your bank may have a notary.
- Research Help
- Librarians are always ready to help. If you have a question, you can call us at 342-BOOK(2665) or email us. If you would prefer help in person, schedule a one-on-one reference session. The Library also subscribes to many online resources.
- Services for People with Disabilities
- All of our buildings are wheelchair accessible.
- Main Library has a wheelchair and a walker available.
- All public computers have the Magnifier, On-screen keyboard, and Narrator that come with Windows.
- A computer with adaptive technology is available at Main. This computer has screen reader software, dictation capabilities, and can be used with a modified keyboard or mouse.
- We also offer a homebound delivery program.
- The Library does not have books in braille, but we do have a wide selection of books on cassette or CD.
- Only Main Library has a typewriter.
- Complete a volunteer or, if you're a teen, a Teen Volunteer Application form, and we will notify you if we have any volunteer opportunities.
W3 / CSS / RSS / WAVE / © 2013 Boone County Public Library / 859-342-BOOK(2665)