Libary Card Eligibility
- Boone County residents or property owners.
- Must provide proof of residence or ownership. No PO Boxes.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign for minors under 18.
- Boone County Public Library staff and volunteers.
- Owners of businesses located in Boone County.
- Educators employed by a public or private school in Boone County.
- Full-time students enrolled in a Boone County public or private school.
- Residents of Lawrenceburg-Indiana with a current LPL card.
- Cardholders in good standing from North Region of Kentucky Libraries: Bath, Boone, Bourbon, Boyd, Bracken, Bullitt, Campbell, Carroll, Carter, Fleming, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Greenup, Harrison, Henry, Jefferson, Kenton, Lewis, Mason, Montgomery, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson, Rowan, Scott, Shelby, and Trimble.
- Cardholders in good standing from SWON Member Institutions.
- Students in good standing from Northern Kentucky University.
Library Card Expiration
Library cards expire periodically to provide an opportunity to verify and update customer information.
Library Card Suspension
Borrowing privileges may be suspended for non-returned items, unpaid fees, a change in eligibility, or upon request of the customer.
Replacing a lost Library Card
To replace a lost card please bring a photo ID and proof of current address to a BCPL location near you.
Resetting Your PIN
If you provided the Library with an email adress, then go to My Account and click on the Forgot My Pin to reset your PIN. Otherwise, call us.
Responsibility for Borrowed Items
- The individual to whom a library card is issued assumes full responsibility for all items borrowed with that card.
- The parent or guardian who signs the juvenile card application is responsible for all items borrowed with that card.
- Parents and guardians, not library staff, are responsible for monitoring and approving selections made by minor children.
- Parents or guardians who wish their children not to have access to certain materials should advise their children.